Monday, December 24, 2012

Christmas 2012

I am going to jump ahead a little bit because I want to give the yearly Christmas update.  I will go back and post from the rest of the year soon. I love Benson in this picture.  The camera is set on auto and Benson always blinks when there is a flash....this way he made sure his eyes would stay open!

We had a year full of ups and downs.  It has been a crazy busy year.  We will start from the youngest.  Ryan turned 4 this year and started his first year of pre-school and he is loving it.  He loves that he gets to go to school like his brother and sister.  Ryan is always trying to keep up with his brother and sister.  He has been my little partner and I love hanging out with him.

Jeremy turned 8 this year and was baptized a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in June.  That was very excited for us.  Jeremy also started at a new school this year.  It is an alternative school for kids with good grades and who don't have any discipline problems.  They learn at an excelerated pace.  He has really enjoyed it and loves his teacher.  Jeremy has also played baseball and soccer this year and loves them both.

Brooklyn turned 11 in September and has turned into a true tween.  She definitely has the teenager attitude.  Luckily for us she is a major rule follower so hopefully with her strong will she will infuence others for good.  Brooklyn has also changed schools and is doing really well and loves it.  Brooklyn also tried out for a select soccer team and with that we have been extrememly busy will all things soccer.  I can't complain I love watching my kids play sports.  Through watching videos I have learned that I need to tone down my "soccer mom" excitement.

I have been really busy with my photography business this year.  I will be shooting my third wedding this weekend!  Crazy, I know!  I have really enjoyed growing my business and I hope that I can continue to make it grow.  I love it!  I also love being a stay at home mom and being involved with my kids learning and their sports.  It is a huge blessing to me.

Benson is loving his work as a mounted police officer.  He has such a love for the horses that he gets to work with.  This year they had to put down one of his horses and that was really hard for him and all of us.  He was a great partner to Benson.  Benson has also been very busy around the house.  He really enjoys wood working and has made me many things.  He made me a kitchen table and benches and I absolutely love them.  He amazes me all the time with his abilities.

Like I said we have had many ups and downs.  The passing of my sweet baby nephew Holden was by far the hardest thing we have had to deal with this year but I learned a lot from him in his short life here.  It has grown us closer as a family and for that I am grateful.  We did have some really good times this year also.  We loved having Matt, Dayna and kids come visit this summer, Kathi and Zach come for Thanksgiving, Zach visiting when he had a free weekend, my parents came for Jeremy's baptism, Laura moved close by and we got to finish the year off with a fun trip to Disneyland with my family.  I do feel truly blessed to have such a loving husband who takes care of me and our family.  We celebrated our 12 year anniversary with a trip to Seattle.  I am especially grateful for my Savior and for the opportunity he gives us to have an eternal family.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

Michelle, Benson, Brooklyn, Jeremy and Ryan

No comments: