Tuesday, October 19, 2010

my bedroom makeover

So I made big plans for a bedroom makeover. Luckily Benson let me do what I wanted with a little bit of financial reality thrown at me once in a while. In the end even though I had to change a few things I am so happy with the way it turned out.

BEFOREI had to sand down the dresser and night stands and pull off some of the trim. Then we added new trim, painted them and put on new pulls. Benson drilled the new holes for the pulls but other then that I pretty much did the rest.
Ryan helping Dad prep the walls for paint.
AFTER

I am so happy with the way it turned out. I painted the canvas hanging above the dresser.I found the mirror and sconces at Goodwill and Benson spray painted them for me.
I was going to put some vinyl on the wall behing the bed but it was more then I wanted to spend right now. I found this awesome fabric at Ikea and a friend sewed it for me. I love it!
I am so in love with our room. I love to just sit in there and look around. Thank you Benson for all of your help!

6 comments:

kristenhcubed said...

Wow! That is so striking. Very nice job.

Kelly said...

um....hello...AWESOME! I can't believe you did all of that...and sooo bold...I LOve it! Why do I want to redue my room now :) what a great job!

Jeppson's said...

Nice job you guys....

C.Lee said...

WOW. It looks awesome. I love it!!

amanda said...

Are the family photos on the wall on canvas or are they prints? Where did you have them blown up? Great job on the room!

Janel said...

you are amazing michelle!!