Thursday, April 15, 2010

Cannon Beach

We decided we needed a little day trip to the beach. It is hard for us to go anywhere because school breaks and Benson's days off rarely coincide. So we took the kids out of school on Tuesday and headed for the beach. We lucked out the weather was pretty nice. Ryan didn't like the feel of the sand at first, but I had to put him down for a minute to take some pictures.
We took Sarge with us. Well Sarge gets major anxiety in the car and he threw up 5 times on the way there. We considered turning around and going home but obviously we didn't. Let's just the say the trip to the coast was a blast. (Actually I didn't have to clean it up so I did start to find it a little comical.) All of you that know Benson know that he stayed calm, cool and collected. I have to give Benson credit, he handled it really well.

Anyway, Sarge liked to chase the seagulls and Benson was trying to keep up with him.
The kids wrote their name in the sand.
Jeremy's looks a little bit like chinese.
Haystack Rock


Jeremy always has to push his luck. There were a couple of times Ryan followed Jeremy and I would have to hurry and grab him.
playing on the beach












All 3 of the kids had a really good time playing in the sand with their toys.


We had a good time. Jeremy, Ryan, and Sarge all fell asleep on the way home. Jeremy was sleeping with his head on Sarge. It was cute.

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

You're taking some great shots! I wish I knew how to use my camera better! Nice work!

Julia Callahan said...

You're a great photographer! And you're lucky to live so close to a beach. My kids would be in heaven, they LOVE sand and water. But I would drown. ha ha

KATE said...

What a fun day! Sorry about the dog :)

kristenhcubed said...

Found your blog, too! I love the beach pictures. Now you've got me hankering for a beach vacation.

Melanie said...

Ahhhh! I'm so jealous you went to Cannon Beach. I don't think a day goes by that Ryan and I don't think about our trip to the coast. I wish we could come again this year!

Your photos are incredible!