Thursday, November 19, 2009

Brooklyn's bedroom makeover

Ever since we moved in we knew we were going to redo Brooklyn's room. Because of that I have never taken the time to hang anything in her room. (The shelves that are up are from the previous owners.) Anyway, we thought the purple they used was ugly and the border was peeling off and they did a terrible job painting. The paint had leaked over onto the ceiling and baseboards. They also didn't do enough coats. So anyway on Tuesday I told Benson that we should redo Brooklyn's room. He wasn't so sure and then after a few minutes he came to me and said let's do it. We already knew what color we wanted we just needed to get the paint.

So this is Brooklyn's room as of Tuesday morning.


I know, it was kind of a disaster but I didn't care much because it needed work done before it was worth hanging pictures and making it cute.
So we finished up on Wednesday while Brooklyn was at school. It was fun to surpise her with the results. She was so excited and absolutely loves it.
Apparently the dog loves it too.

I am so happy Brooklyn loves it. I think it is adorable. I know in a couple of years she will grow out of it but I will worry about that then. Oh, and thanks Mom for the old shower curtain. Don't you think it works great as window curtains!?!

8 comments:

Janel said...

so cute! ...i need to get on it w/ avery's room...as soon as i decide which room is going to be hers...

Kelly said...

soooo cute and sooooo much better! I was worried the purple was you at first! I should have know you have better taste!

Melinda said...

love it! Brooklyn deserves a super cute room. You are a fab mom :)

Carla said...

Brooklyn, I love your room. It looks cute and happy--just like you!!

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Weinberger Family said...

Well I have to give Benson some credit. I am pretty sure he is the one that came up with the idea of the flowers growing out of the ceiling. Benson can be quite the little decorater. So thanks Bens for all of your help. He primed the walls and did most of the painting. I coudln't do it without you!

Michelle

crazymamma said...

ok ..soo stinkin cute! i bet she was soo excited to come home to that!! way to go!!! we miss you guys a ton~

KATE said...

It turned out so cute! Good job!!