Thursday, July 09, 2009

Follow the gray bricked road....

So I had mentioned to Benson that I wanted to put stepping stones between the front and back yard. Well Benson asked if I would want pavers because then he could pracitce and make sure he would be up for doing a paver patio next summer. I said that would be awesome and he got to work. I had no idea how much went into putting pavers down. It is quite the process. First he had to dig out the dirt a few inches, then put rocks down, then sand. After that you have to make sure it is all level and pound it all out, and then finally the pavers. It turned out really nice. I love it! Now if we only had to money to do the patio this summer! We are going to do a patio off next to the deck so we can put a table out there. I guess there is no rush since we don't have a table to go out there yet either! HaHa!

Before...
during...

and after!
I absolutely love it. Benson did a great job. It is so fun to see Benson's handy work. He is so talented. I am glad that we have a place for him to finally do some of those handy man things!


















3 comments:

Jeppson's said...

You are so lucky I wish your brother was Handy in that way:)

Ben said...

Well done, Benson. Well done!

home improvement - pavers said...

Excellent activity - can’t wait to use it. I visit your website often and use your resources regularly.