Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Not usually one to call myself 'blessed'...but proof that I am!!!

I came home from Utah today because I had a follow-up appointment at the doctor. The hospital is located near the shops that work on our vehicles. One of my friends from work told me that he had seen the car parked there, and that it was impressive. I decided to find the car. The damage to the vehicle was amazing! I couldn't believe it. I really like this first picture, because the pole that I hit was not round, rather it was shaped like an octagon. If you look closely at the hood, above the dented pit bumper, you can almost make out the shape of the octagon. Pretty cool.

I couldn't get a really good shot of the windshield, but if you look where the rear view mirror should be, you can see that the windshield is 'starred'. I guess that is where my head connected with the windshield, removing the rear view mirror, and opening the flesh on my head.



Every night before we go to bed, Brooklyn and Jeremy ask in their prayers that I will be safe at work. I think that I am extremely blessed to have been able to walk away from this with little more than minor injuries and a good story!


3 comments:

Carla said...

Boy, when you do it, you do it with gusto!! Are they actually going to try and fix that mess? It was so good to see you all in one piece, and glad you made it home ok.

Heather said...

Dang, Benson. That is crazy. I'm so glad you're OK. I hope you have an incident-free 2009!

Ben LL

Janel said...

We are glad you are ok also!! Good to see ya at Christmas!!