Friday, October 17, 2008

what a night

This...
and this...
showed up at our house tonight all because of
this little one!!
Poor little Ryan had his shots today. Because of that we were giving him Tylenol. Well I don't really know what happened but he choked on it but never really recovered. His breathing was very shallow. He was trying to take deep breaths and would make like a gasping noise and was foaming from his mouth. He would seem to start getting better and then it would get worse again. Not only that but it was his bed time and he was falling asleep but we didn't know if he was falling asleep or going unconcious. We were going to take him to the hospital but I didn't want to put him in his carseat and I didn't want to just hold him for obvious reasons. So Benson asked me if we should call 9-1-1. That is what we did and shortly after that he seemed to get worse so of course I was in a complete freak out panic. Then because our addressing is so weird they couldn't find us. It was so frustrating. Benson was outside trying to be out to wave them down with not a whole lot of success. Jean, Brooklyn, and I were inside saying a little prayer with Ryan. It was 12 minutes from when the call was made to when they got here. The firefighters were not happy about it at all and one of them sounded like he was going to talk to the city or something because what if he had not been breathing. Anyway, the paramedics came in and by this time he was doing much better. They checked his lungs and checked his pulse rate and oxygen level and that was all good. They stayed around for a few minutes just to watch him and then left. So thankfully it ended up not being too eventful.


It is amazing how quickly your world can turn upside down. Luckily everything was fine. It really puts things into perspective as to what is really important. I wouldn't give my children up for anything in this world. My family is by far the most important part of my life. No amount of money could ever compare to having my children.



5 comments:

crazymamma said...

holy cow michelle..that is soo soo scary! I am soo sorry! I am glad to hear that little ryan is doing better..there is nothing scarier than watching your baby in complete distress. You did the right thing by calling. That is what they are there for...it is just ridiculous how long it took them to get there though...seriously! I am just glad that there as a happy ending! Give that baby a huge hug and kiss for me and let me know if i can do anything.

Ryan said...

SCARY!! I'm so glad everything is ok.

talonandanna said...

oh wow, totally scary! i'm glad to hear he's alright. allergy to tylenol? man, he's sure a cutie though. :)

Carla said...

I heard about the trauma/drama from your mom and I'm glad Ryan is OK. Maybe he just needed a little extra attention. I just love the bottom picture with his huge eyes. He's such a cutie.

KATE said...

I just read this, holy crap! I can't even imagine! We have had to deal with MANY respritory issues at our house (mostly because of Sammy) So I completely know that terror that runs thru you! I'm so glad it all turned out okay!!