Friday, August 08, 2008

Are you kidding me!

Yesterday I had my 39 week check up. Actually it was a day short of 39 weeks. Apparently that was very important to my doctor. She did the routine check up and I am dialeted to a 3. (Here is where it gets a little graphic.) Well a couple of weeks ago I asked her if she would strip my membranes. She told me that I had to wait till 39 weeks before she would do that. So anyway I reminded her to do it. She laughs at me and says, "Not till 39 weeks." Are you kidding me!!! So I responded with, "Well isn't that tomorrow!" She laughed again and proceeded to tell me how new studies have shown that stripping my membranes doesn't actually send me into labor that all it can possibly do is break my water. So my thought was well then do it if it doesn't matter. Anyway, I am not happy about it in the least bit. And of course she responded with, "Well he will come, I will be shocked if I see you here next week." I wanted to tell her that she said the exact same thing about my 39 week appointment.

Anyway, I never knew that 7 days would feel like an eternity away. Even then my doc didn't sound like she would induce me. I am going to try and see a different doctor that I have seen a couple of other times during this pregnancy. She seems to be a little more willing to listen to me. So, pray that my water breaks or I go into labor TODAY please!

I am so tired of being hot and sweaty. We were at Brooklyn's soccer practice yesterday and we were sitting in the shade. I was dripping in sweat and I look at Benson who was bone dry. Not a drop of sweat on him. I am so tired of being so hot. Why did I ever think being 9 months
pregnant in August without air conditioning was a good idea!

If you think I am being a complainer well, you are right. I am complaining! I have never been pregnant this long and I am pooped! I woke Benson up to cry to him this morning and as soon as he realized I wasn't in pain he pretty much hugged me, released some pressure and went back to sleep. So I didn't get any sympathy from him. (He is gonna kill me when he reads this!)

10 comments:

Jeppsons said...

Poor, poor Red!

Ryan said...

Well, I know exactly where you are and you have every right to complain! I would have been really frustrated. That last week of pregnancy is an absolute killer. I hope you go in to labor tonight!!

KATE said...

Oh honey, it's hard the last month of pregnancy! So, the last week is just torture! I'm sorry, you feel free to complain!!! I so remember how miserable it is to try to sleep & move & breathe! I'm sorry! It will be a distant memory soon, I promise!

Jon & Kim said...

I can not even imagine being pregnat...especially 3 times! Even thougth it is a blessing it looks so hard. I take full advantage of my situation. Hope the little guy comes soon.

Thanks for leaving a comment and I will for sure add you to my list. Make sure to let me know if you ever go private cause I like to check your blog as well.

Good Luck with every thing and I will say a prayer he comes tonight!!!

Jon & Kim said...

P.S. I think you are having a boy????

crazymamma said...

oh michelle..i am soo sorry!I wish i could come up with some miracle do have this little guy come out today!does this mean that he will be a layed back little boy!!! he just likes chikiti chillen in that belly doesnt he!!hang in there!! u can come over any time to get relief from the heat!!

Janel said...

GET OUT BABY!! Sorry miss--hope he decides to head out soon :)

Brad and Jenn said...

Hang in there Michelle! I too have been in those shoes & did plenty of complaining myself! The best part is just ahead!

caitjane said...

ahahha yeah a little graphic for me personally but you know i'm awkward like that. when i heard your story about sweating it reminded me that the other day when i was talking to brooklyn on the phone she said..my mommy is really really sweaty. haha i'm sorry michelle i love you that baby will come soon hopefully!!

Brenley said...

I am hoping that sweet baby is here by now. Sorry you were so miserable! Can't wait to see pics and find out what you named him!