Wednesday, April 30, 2008

What the hail????

So we are only about 1 day away from May, and we had a freak hail storm. Yesterday was a really weird weather day. It switched from overcast, to sunny, to raining, to sunny, to hailing, well you get my drift. The hail storm was really cool. Jeremy went out on the back patio and was standing there, letting the hail hit him on the head.
The storm lasted about 20 minutes and by the time it was over, the driveway and road were completely covered in hail. Brooklyn and Jeremy went out front and were sweeping the hail into piles, which they then threw against the front door.
We keep hoping that we will be getting spring weather, but we have not lucked out yet. The Timberline Logde, on Mt. Hood, got about a foot of fresh powder. Pretty crazy!!!

6 comments:

Stahlemobile said...

I love hailstorms! It's just always so bizarre when little balls of ice come falling from the sky.

sbjeppson said...

Seriously, What the hail! Its about 90 in Arizona and I'm loving
every bit of it. Miss ya:)

Nobles Family said...

oh my--glad i'm not there...it's sunny here!! my tan would be sad if it saw hail right now...:)

Weinberger Family said...

I can't say that I am thrilled about the hail that we got but I am definitely not ready for 90 degrees either. On Friday it is supposed to be 69 degrees and stay pretty decent through the weekend. That is perfect weather for me so hopefully it works out.

amanda said...

What the Hail? Michelle, you crack me up!

caitjane said...

oh my word..janel and brooke you guys will die early from your skin cancer. huh michelle? we like having snow in may, yes snow in may, that's utah for ya. i'm not bitter at all.