Thursday, January 17, 2008

the baby

Today was my first doctor's appointment. I am 10 weeks pregnant and this is my second ultrasound. With both of my other kids I only had one ultrasound and this time I have already had two. My first one was at 7 weeks to to make sure everything was okay because I had had some bleeding. Anyway it was exciting to see the baby. You can make out the head and body and the limbs for the arms and legs. At 7 weeks all you see is basically a bean with a heart beat. It is pretty amazing how much they change in such a short amount of time. The doctor also said that the baby has a good strong heartbeat. The kids thought it was pretty cool to see this picture of the baby. Jeremy did get a little upset when I told him that I didn't know if it was a boy or girl yet though. Anyway, we are really excited!

5 comments:

*Carly* said...

WOW! Ultrasounds ALWAYS amaze me! The whole process of pregnancy is a MIRACLE. I can't believe that you can see everything so early.The fact that a WHOLE human being can be created in 5months and the rest is maturing of this little being. Never ceases to amaze me!

Kelly said...

yeah! I just had my first one at 30 weeks prego....ha! a little late...but definately a girl! love the new background

Bryce & Brenley said...

Congrats! I have a feeling it's gonna be a GIRL!

Stahlemobile said...

Cute cute cute! I love those early ultrasounds where you can see the whole body. What is that picture to the side? I've never seen that before!

Rebecca said...

Hey-Congrats! I didn't know you were pregnant! I just had my 20 week ultrasound at Christmas! Our pictures our posted on our blog! You'll have to check it out!

Rebecca Webb
http://danwebbfamily.blogspot.com/