Thursday, December 27, 2007

Merry Christmas

Not only did I not send out Christmas cards but now I am posting this after Christmas. Oh well. This has been an exciting year for us. We moved to Oregon 5 days after Christmas last year. A month after that Benson moved to Salem to go through the state run Academy. So it was quite an adjustment for all of us. Benson was able to come home on the weekends and that was very treasured time with him. Luckily we made friends quickly so we weren't so lonely. Laura also came to visit in March which gave us something to look forward to. The kids and I also drove to Disneyland with my sister Janel and her daughter Avery and met up with my parents and Caitlin and had a week of fun there. On our way home we stopped in San Jose and visited my brother Zach and his girlfriend Kelly. It was really good to see them again.

In May Benson graduated from the Police Academy and was able to move back home! Yeah! It was really nice to have him back home. I have to thank my friend Adrienne who talked to me just about every night that Benson was gone.

In June Jeremy turned 3 years old and in July Matt, Dayna and kids came to visit over the 4th of July. We rented a house on the beach and enjoyed time together. Then in late July the kids and I made a trip back to Utah. We had a really fun time seeing family and friends. Janel and Avery were in Utah while we were there so it was fun to be with them.


September was another big month. Brooklyn turned 6 years old and started Kindergarten. She absolutely loves school. She is a really good student. Apparently she got that from her dad.

October of course is a fun month with the start of fall and the anticipation of Halloween and the holiday season. Laura came to visit over Halloween and it was fun to have her again.

In November Benson graduated from the Advanced Academy that Portland puts on. It is really nice to have another step done. Benson's sister Kathi and her kids Zach and Ashli came to visit for Thanksgiving. We were happy to have them.

And now I cannot believe we are already to December, in fact, it is almost over. I found out this month that I was pregnant with our third. We were really excited. I wanted to have a baby before September so that the baby will be able to start Kindergarten when he/she turns 5 as opposed to Brooklyn who had to wait till she was six because she missed the deadline by 18 days. I know, only a mom with older kids would think of something like that. Anyway, we are really excited for our family to grow by one more child.

We hope you all had a very nice Christmas. We stayed in Oregon and had a really quiet Christmas. It was a lot of fun to spend Christmas as our little family. We did have some friends over for dinner and enjoyed their company. We look forward to the coming year. I have a feeling this one won't be any less adventerous as as the past year has been. We want to thank all of you who came to visit us this year. We enjoyed having all of you here.

Love,

Benson, Michelle, Brooklyn, and Jeremy

2 comments:

Bryce & Brenley said...

Super cute family pic! I love Brooklyn's dress!

The Clingers said...

Congrats on the baby!! Thanks for posting to my site. I'm excited to keep an eye on you and Benson. Tell him hi.