Thursday, August 16, 2007

Please pass the doggie bag, quick!!

Well we are officially back in Oregon where it is about 20 degress cooler. Boy does it feel good. Anyway we drove home on Monday. We left my parents at 1:40 in the morning and pulled into our parking lot at 12:38 in the afternoon. We would have been home a little sooner but we had a couple unplanned stops our last hour. Jeremy was whinning and complaining in his seat and I thought he was just tired of being in the car. Well next thing I know he let out a terrible burp, you know the kind where you know throw up is going to follow. So I hurry and pull out my barf bag (which several of you made fun of me for having). Luckily I caught most of it and we didn't have barf all over Jeremy and his car seat. The other good thing about all of this is that the nearest stop was Multnomah Falls. So we got to stand there for a minute and see the fall.

So we get back on the road thinking the rest of the way will be smooth sailing. Well, that wasn't so much the case, within a few minutes I hear this really loud thunk! Then I can hear something dragging. Just great, I think to myself. I look at Benson and he pulls over to the side. I ask him what happened and I guess he had run over a medal rod or something. He didn't see it before it was too late. Luckily there was no damage to our vehicle and we were back on our way within a few minutes.

And then, the rest of the trip was smooth sailing!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

yikes! I should get one of those bags in my car!

Bryce & Brenley said...

We had a trip like that once with Mylisa except it was coming out both ends, it was awful.

I am glad that you got home safely, and I am sure Benson is glad that you are home too.