Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11

I think today is the perfect day for me to look at my life and realize how lucky I am. I was listenening to the radio today and they had a recording of a little boy on, whose dad was killed in the attacks. The little boy said that he wished the people that hurt his dad would have known him because if they did they never would have wanted to hurt him. So I was sitting in my car crying as I listened to him and others talk about loved ones. I am so grateful to have Benson and my kids and don't know what I would do without them. I also can't help but to think of Lourdes, Ed and family today. Ed being a police officer for the NYPD, he went down to the WTC to help out. We love you guys and you were definitely in my thoughts today.

1 comment:

Lourdes and family said...

Thank you for your thoughts it
was easier this year than any
other year, but there were lots
of tears my eyes just thinking
of that awful day. In the news they replayed the event and it just hurt my heart, just thinking of all those people. They even played the recordings people left on answering machines. I realized how blessed I was to still have my
husband and how blessed he has been
that he has not suffered any after affects of 9/11. We really miss you
guys so much.